Thursday, July 30, 2009

Too Hot

Almost too hot to knit. But I'm not letting it stop me. I am working on a new pair of socks for Jake. 2 days ago I was putting him down for a nap and he asked to put on socks. I told him it was too hot to wear socks. He cried for his handknit socks "a wons you make me mommy" It melted my heart but it was to hot to wear socks no matter how cute the request. I told him he could wear them another day but they were getting a little small. So he asked me to make him some more. I figured I'm not going to get a lot of years of requests for handknits so I am seizing the opportunity while it's here.
Other than the socks I have not really been working on anything. I still have some of my Rasputin roving on the wheel but I haven't touched that in several days.

Yesterday it was way hot - like 104 or thereabouts. Ick. I got smart and made dinner in the morning (boiled potatos and eggs for potato salad with sandwiches). I also have the house blacked out like it's WWII. It helps. It only got 89 in the house yesterday (we have a borrowed window a/c unit). I also bathed the kids in a cool bath before bed. In fact that was such a good idea Brian and I took a cold shower too (Yes together. No. It was too hot to even think about that- even in a cold shower, get your mind out of the gutter). That helped a bit. It stayed decently cool upstairs (a/c is upstairs) and I was able to put the kids to bed in their own room (I thought about sleeping on the floor up there because it was cooler than downstairs). Unfortunately the house only cooled off to about 80 last night so it might not be as cool in the house today even though it's supposed to not get as hot outside. I miss the rain.

2 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I hear you girl, I took the boys up to the lake after work to swin and just stay cool as we could.

When I first saw the picture it looked like a bikini top, thought you were going to knit one to wear around the house ... LOL

As for the tanned behind, yes that happened too, but something you know you can't say ... LOL

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Yup came back and still thought it was a bikini. Maybe a new projet? LOL :)