Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Quick fun project

I have been meaning to do this little project ever since I got my key chain sock blocker and I have finally found the perfect yellow to accomplish it.
First I spun up a small amount of yellow roving. These are tiny socks so you don't need much roving at all. I did the Navajo ply on the fly method so when I was done, I was done - no additional plying needed.
Then I just kept going with the black - you can cut them apart later...it's just a lot easier when spinning such small amounts to do it this way (In fact the yellow is attached to the current project I have going on the spindle but I wanted to whip this out quick so I just stopped the roving and started the yellow). The reason I was able to do it that way is because of the Navajo ply.Here are the wee finished 'skeins.' I guess you can't see how tiny and cute they are since I didn't have anything in the photo for reference.Here is my finished sock. I call him Charlie Brown.
I just made it on the yarn too. I had plenty of black but here is what I have left of the yellow:That's about 8 or 9 inches. Glad I spun just that little bit more! Seriously the whole project took less than 2 hours and you don't have to set the twist in the yarn if you don't want to since the garment will not be worn.

3 comments:

L J said...

And how many changes of sock does your key chain now have? Should have quite the little wardrobe going! ;-) I have finished one socklet. (if you can say it is finished without the ends being woven in)

Rachael said...

Let's see I think my keychain now has 5 sockies, I also made one for a 5yr old pal (he doesn't get the keychain, just the sock of course).

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ahhh Charlie Brown my favorite! Those are so cute! you crack me up 5 sockies! Only 2 hours ... LOL like it's nothing :)