Monday, May 21, 2012

Sheep, Sunshine and Celebration


So I guess I am behind on my blogging but it's spring and there is much to do. First was the Spring Fair. I live for this event as it is when I get to buy my fleece for the year. This year I bought a Jacob fleece. I have wanted one since I saw the Yarn Harlot post a picture of a shawl she made using one. I was enchanted by the many variations of color in one fleece. The day I got it home I was able to get it all sorted out and washed. I am proud of myself for getting the 'hard work' done on day one. 
In addition to my fleece I also visited some vendors and bought a bag of blue roving with the intent of making a hat for Jacob, but I am not sure if that is what this is destined to be as it is spinning up differently than expected.
I also bought a ball of top in some beautiful soft colors that is now a skein of yarn but I don't have a picture of that yet so here are the singles on the wheel.
Oh, and a shawl pin:
On another day I took the kids to the fair to play. There were bouncy houses, 



Rides, 

And of course lots of critters. This is Abby petting Juniper, a kid goat.
The big hit of the day however was this miniature house. It was being raffled off and had some beautiful hand made furnishings that so inspired my son that we stood looking at this thing for 20 solid minutes.

In fact on the next sunny day we went out and collected sticks for him to build his very own mini furniture (which of course means I will be learning how to build it for him).

As to the celebrations there have been a couple. First was Brian's birthday. Then our very good friends decided to get married so down to the courthouse we went and witnessed for them. Andrew and Anna we love you lots!  
Last but not least my family made my 32nd birthday a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Andrew got married? I'm so behind the times.

Looks like you guys have been having fun, which is great! I'm loving that teal color. You always have the most fun colors!

Can't wait to see all the fun things you have going on!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.