Sunday, April 22, 2012

Shawl

A few weeks ago I was at Yellow House Yarns to pick up a copy of a knitting magazine. Of course I had to look around and I found something that I decided I really had to have - a beautiful spring shawl that changed colors and patterns throughout. I decided against the yarn they made theirs with in favor of a heavier yarn because I knew I wanted my shawl to be a nice warm comforting shawl. After looking around a bit I settled on some Malabrigo Rios. I bought two skeins and headed home to cast on. After fighting with it for a while I gave up on the pattern and made up my own. After I used both skeins I decided i wanted my shawl a bit bigger so I went back to the yarn shop and after a lot of searching with Megan, one of the owners, we found the one remaining skein in the colorway I needed. I finished my shawl and got it all blocked and dried in time to wear to my shift at the Shepherds Extravaganza at the spring fair.


5 comments:

Inthesky said...

That looks lovely :) Lucky you found the last skein!

nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

Amazing. I cant knit. I can knit only blocks but cant even remember how to cast off at the end to make them squares anymore..LOL..

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OHHH super cute hun! I love those colors! You look fab hun!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

It was so nice to see you guys on Sunday :). Wish it could have been a longer than the drive by ... lol.

A Baptism where? We were just leaving Church when we saw you @ Life Center.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.