Just a quick fly by to show you a couple of things. Before our camping trip I used some of the leftovers from Abby's Coat to make a coat for my teapot:Yesterday I finally finished these socks! It only took me a year and a half. They were nice and simple enough that I got the majority of the fishishitup knitting done by the campfire on our trip. And I don't know how I failed to start a Ravelry page or blog about it but a while ago I started this: and have been plugging away at it a little here and there for several months now. The pattern is Triinu from Knitted Lace of Estonia. Also the weaving on the Sheep to Shawl sample scarf is almost done!
Our camping trip was pretty darned good but a bit too long. Next time we'll go for 4 or 5 days - not 8. Decided not to take Abby's new handknit coat on the trip - very pleased about that decision since her most beloved activity while we were there was 'dirt baths' (her words) and that is pretty much what she did most of the day, everyday when we were not doing a structured activity. The kids got to play on the playground, go swimming, go fishing, do some sightseeing, have fire roasted hot dogs, sleep in a tent and of course play in dirt and only get yelled at it when they threw it. I'll try to get some blogging done in a day or two, for now I am off to do more laundry and clean up the house that managed to get trashed within 10 minutes of walking in the door yesterday.
That's what I have been doing, Lots and lots of spinning.
First I finished up the colorful locks - got all of the singles spun:
and turned it into this yarn:
Another project I have been meaning to do is recover this chair for Abby:And I did, Here she is with it...very tired and ready for a nap:I have been working on some knitting. This one is for Abby as well, it is a sweater that I am test knitting for a designer on Ravelry...it's sorta hard to see how cute it is on the needles, but here it is none the less:
And finally what I have been working on avidly for the last couple of days is in preparation for the Sheep to Shawl competition this fall. I have volunteered to be the weaver for my guild this year and so I am working on getting a sample spun up. So far I have this:Completed warp (the white yarn) and prepped but unspun weft (grey fluff). As of now I actually have finished spinning the weft also but have no pictures of it yet. I have also wound off the warp with only a couple of yards to spare, yikes! Looks like I'll have to make my floating selvedges out of weft yarn instead of warp yarn. I am off to dress the loom and hopefully start weaving!