Thursday, June 02, 2011

Lots of Spinning

That's what I have been doing, Lots and lots of spinning.

First I finished up the colorful locks - got all of the singles spun:


and turned it into this yarn:


Another project I have been meaning to do is recover this chair for Abby:And I did, Here she is with it...very tired and ready for a nap:I have been working on some knitting. This one is for Abby as well, it is a sweater that I am test knitting for a designer on Ravelry...it's sorta hard to see how cute it is on the needles, but here it is none the less:

And finally what I have been working on avidly for the last couple of days is in preparation for the Sheep to Shawl competition this fall. I have volunteered to be the weaver for my guild this year and so I am working on getting a sample spun up. So far I have this:Completed warp (the white yarn) and prepped but unspun weft (grey fluff). As of now I actually have finished spinning the weft also but have no pictures of it yet. I have also wound off the warp with only a couple of yards to spare, yikes! Looks like I'll have to make my floating selvedges out of weft yarn instead of warp yarn.
I am off to dress the loom and hopefully start weaving!

2 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

wow my dear you have been very busy. I can't wait to see that sweater all done!

nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

One busy crafter lately. I have been working on the house and getting my afghan for our bed done. or trying to. I have lots of squares to make yet.. but working on them when i can. hopefully will have it done by this fall.