Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A day in the life of...

...of well, Me. Nothing exciting but I thought it would be interesting (or totally boring depending on what your into) to post about some of the things my job entails...
This morning I had to shove over and hang my butt over the edge of the bed so Toddler The First could crawl in and get comfortable.
A couple of hours later I had to get up and turn on the light for said toddler so he could play with his train set...but the trains were missing and crying ensued. This crying woke up Toddler The Second and so brought her to bed with me and by this time Jake had found a firetruck (with lights and sirens, yipee!) to occupy himself with.
Next up...the hunt for the trains...after everyone was awake and downstairs (oh and I went and started hubby's truck for him in the lovely 16 degree warmth because I love him and he was running late) I went up and tried to find Jake's missing trains, after searching his room, his sisters room, the laundry room, the bathroom, the spare bedroom and my bathroom I found them under my cedar chest at the end of our bed...he has been playing with them most of the morning.
Later I went on a balloon rescue...our entryway goes all of the way up to the 2nd floor so when the balloon was released in that area it was not reachable...ended up grabbing the broom, standing on the stairs, holding onto the rail and leaning way over and swiping at the streamer until it moved over enough for me to reach it all the while being told "be careful mommy, don't break my balloon". 20 minutes it took for that stupid balloon and then he only played with it for 3 minutes...go figure.
I have rescued my daughter from 'certain death' 3x already this morning...she loves climbing up on and standing on tables...we may have to get rid of our 2 end tables all together since she won't stay off of them. And she is lightning quick - anyone out there with kids knows how it only takes the time for you to bend over and pull the cuff of your sock up before they are on top of the fridge.
I 'made' breakfast...we had Cheerios today since Jake requested them and Abby has a fit if she doesn't get what everyone else is having too. She is really bummed when we go for coffee or wine or beer since she (and obviously Jake too) don't get any no matter how much whining, crying and foot stomping there is.
I moved our leather sofa around to make a space for the Christmas tree and Jake loves the new space and had been running around in a 5ft circle exclaiming "I am having so much fun at the playground playing with my friends!" (Must be imaginary friends).
It is now almost 10 am so I am sure we are going to have tons more fun today...maybe I'll finally post a pic but for now I am making my to do list...
I have a couple of fun jobs on the list like cleaning out the diaper pail and the cat box...and I get to go out into the freezing ass cold and put the spigot covers on (better to be a bit cold then to have some broken pipes.) I am also going to check tree lights to see if I need more this year or not (may go to LED if I need to buy new ones)...that should be fun with two curious little ones...

3 comments:

L J said...

That actually sounds like a typical morning when you have 2 toddlers. Keeping them alive can be difficult at this age; I swear one of my kids had monkey DNA. Thankfully mine are now grown...

Missed you at spinning on Tuesday.

Rachael said...

I missed spinning too! Brian went bowling and I had no one to take the kids. Oh well, next time.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL love the day in life and all by 10am! You rock my dear. Oh for the love of Trains how I find you everywhere and not always in the nicest way! I did find an airplane in the bed this morning of course not the missing one that I keep hearing about! UGH of course went to the dollar store to get another and guess what none!

Love the new look in the living room and putting the chest there when Christmas is over will be awesome!

Good to see you again, thanks for being my sewing rock star :)