Thursday, February 09, 2006

Secret Sister Swap

Well I have finally managed to get my camera and computer together again. Here is a picture of all of the wonderful stuff that my Secret Sister, Dreamspinner, sent to me for the FairieGoddessMothers 'Book Beside My Bed' Swap.
Fortunately for me my Sister was reading MANY books at the time.
I received fabrics that represented several books including the new Harry Potter, Wicked (one of my favorites) and the other two are picture here. I have not started reading either of them yet but they are at the top of my list. I also received some 'bling' as I call it. A little 'R' shaped pendant studded with 'diamonds' I think I am going to put it on my rotary cutter. :)
Oh and then there is the yarn and knitting needles and clip. I guess I am just going to have to learn how to knit! I can crochet my pants off but knitting is a whole new world. I think partly because I have my hands trained to crochet and they have a rather hard time trying to break that pattern when I pick up the knitting needles. I think I'll need to ask my pal Leafy about the best place to start on that since he seems to know a great deal on the subject (you know, published author and all of that).
Oh and I can't forget the chocolate rocks they are good. Well, were good we ate them all :)
So as you can see this is a very generous and kind group I belong to.

2 comments:

Ann Frischkorn and Amy Sandrin said...

Rachael, I just started a knitting class (I crochet also). I had a hard time reading the instructions and e-mailed them to Leafy and he walked me thru it via the internet. He is the BEST instructor and I really really love knitting. So, give it a try.

Anonymous said...

A-HA! Finally found a space for you! Hehe. Looks like you are keeping yourself busy with cloth. That's good- those were indeed some pretty wares. I certainly miss yappin' with ya'. Tell Brian "Hi," and I hope to talk with you soon!