Tuesday, January 05, 2010

And We're Back

So yes, I did get my laundry mostly done, thanks for asking. Did it without starting a bunny.
Got the living room cleaned too, and I have made progress in the kitchen as well as the library/dining room...
Until. Well, until my son wouldn't nap. So I got him up and brought him downstairs to play. He then informed me 'my have a bead in my nose.' Shit. We've been down this road before. It costs about 400 bucks.
I got a flashlight to check it out and sure enough itwas way up there. Tried the 'plug and blow' that had been reccommended by our pediatrician (with your finger plug the unobstructed nostril, cover mouth with yours and blow hopefully disloging offending item). This worked great when he had the peas up his nose but if you try it be prepare for snot on your face and possibly vomiting if you get air in the stomach (if they are big enough you can have them take a full breath and hold it - that seemed to help).
After 3 blows no dice. well shit. now what, the damn thing won't decompose so it HAS to come out.
I go and grab the tweezers and the bulb syringe. Until now Jake was very cooperative but now he didn't want to have anything to do with me getting the bead out.
It was kicking and screaming all the way but after a couple of failed attempts with the bulb syringe and knowing that it was too dangerous to try the tweezers (squirmy fighting fitting toddler who has not hada nap) we just went back to the plug and blow and it came (flying) out. Thank God the darned thing was in there sideways because otherwise theis wouldn't have worked. The bead is like a donut with large hole in the center that air would have just passed right through and not pushed it from behind.

Now I have two overtired toddlers that are whining and screaming...Is it bedtime yet? Oh I guess I need to make them dinner first.
I wasn't going to start another bunny, but I need something to take the edge off...

3 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ohhhh you know me and pink can't wait to see this one turn out!

Good for you my dear laundry not sure I'll ever catch up. I did clean up the spare room and got those clothes folded :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

clicked enter to quick! Holy CRAP another bead up there! Well Shitnik! I'm so glad you were able to get it out the second time around! I remember you telling me that trick, thankfully haven't had to use it YET oh give Cole time ... LOL

L J said...

ROFL... You need a little nip of something to drink dearie! The worst mine ever tried were M&M's up the nose. Caught him in the act tho...