Sunday, April 09, 2006

Baby Quilt


Well I have just finished a baby quilt that I made for my neice. I made it entirely with fabrics I got at the new quilt shop in my area, Evergreen Quilting. I am so very excited to have a quilt shop so close to home! Here are some pics of the quilt! It only took me about 4 hours to complete after I had the washing done (mind you this was spread out in 20min - hour long spurts over several weeks). The part I liked the most about making this quilt is that I did not have to put any batting in it and therefore I did not have to quilt it as heavily as I would have otherwise. The first photo of course is the entire quilt. The second one (below left) is a close up of the moon quilting I did, and the third one (below right) shows the super soft fabric I used as backing. I think it's called Minky or something of the sort.

4 comments:

AliKat (WOTFGM's) said...

Cute Rachel and very traditional for you.

JenW!~ said...

Very cute. Nice spring pastels colors.

SHARON said...

Very pretty!!! I have been wanting to try the Minky. Was it hard to work with as a backing??

Rachael said...

Sharon - It was not hard to work with I did pin more than I would have otherwise though. It actually slid around on my machine better but it was heavier so there was more 'drag' from the weight that was not on the table. So as long as you keep it supported it's quite nice to work with.