Wow that could be a weird band name or something...
So we saw my midwife yesterday and all is well. She examined me and said I am still at a solid 3cm but very 'stretchy' and reiterated that when I go into labor or my water breaks to get myself to the hospital without delay as she thinks I will have a fast dilation/labor.
She also stripped my membranes (which was not painful for my btw - I have heard stories that it is unbearable) and that caused me to have contractions all afternoon/evening and caused the baby to 'pressure me' in the pelvic region. I was very hopeful, but as the evening wore on the contractions got fewer and farther between. Oh well. They do say that it can take up to 3 days for the stripping of the membranes to cause labor if it does in fact contribute at all (no evidence one way or the other, but some studies indicate if the cervix is ripe -and mine is - that it can help move things along). Maybe today I'll take Alexis' suggestion and go for a long walk (as long as I can without pulling my stupid pelvis out of alignment again). I do need to go to Costco and that always feels like I walk miles when I do that.
My midwife also has given me the option of inducing next week and I think I might take her up on it but I am sorely torn. I would like to experience labor on my own this time but I also know she is going on vacation the week I am due and I really want her to be able to deliver me because I trust her. Then again I also know that just because she is in town doesn't mean that she will be the one to deliver me either - it could depend on the time of day and who is on call. So there you have it. I am waiting for her to call me back so I can get some questions answered (can I still try a water birth/what are the risks of the medication etc.) and go from there on making a decision about whether or not to schedule an induction...
My real hope is that I will go into labor on my own and make this a non-issue all together.
Dropped Stitch - dd
1 day ago